Friday, May 6, 2011

Folies Bergère Presents La Baker is the title and inspiration of my 4th year thesis collection at Ryerson University School of Fashion.  My collection consists of 5 competitive Latin and Ballroom dresses that are specially lined with high-wicking ability lycra.

Josephine Baker
Josephine Baker the first Black celebrity was an African American entertainer best known for her dancing.  Her rise to fame began as an exotic performer at the Folies Bergère, a famous Parisien dancehall in France.  All 5 pieces in my collection are inspired by the costumes worn by Josephine Baker herself during her dancing career.


Dancing With the Stars
 Designer Randall Christensen, the man behind the magical designs of "Dancing With the Stars" played a big role in mentoring my design path to creating all my pieces.  Through a brief interview he taught me the types of notions, fabrics, machines and tools I would need to complete a Ballroom gown. 
FOLIES BERGERE PRESENTS: LA BAKER





TECHNICAL SKETCHES/SWATCHes



COST SHEET BUDGET
































                                                            






































Mass Exodus: In Bloom 2010 (@ the 1hr mark)

Walk it Out Fashion Show@Humber College



And now the moment you have all been waiting for.
Mass Exodus 2010: IN BLOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment